A Secure Online Service of Arkansas.gov
Department of Finance and Administration
Personalized License Plates
Can't find what you're looking for?
Report a Problem
Please call the Department of Finance and Administration helpdesk at 1-888-389-8336.
Online Application FAQ
- Can I order a personalized Special Design License plate? Only standard passenger vehicle and motorcycle plates can be personalized online, however, applications are available from the Specialty License Plates link by clicking on the design of your choice or from the Motor Vehicle link under Find a Form on the Department of Finance and Administration home page. Please note that not all Specialty Plates can be personalized.
- What is the application process? This system may be used to search availability or to purchase personalized plates for motor vehicles or motorcycles. The date the request is received will control the priority of assignment. This also includes requests made by mail or from the Special License Office. DFA reserves the right not to issue personalized plates that may be deemed inappropriate or duplicative.
Receiving Your Plate FAQ
- When is my request ordered? Approved requests are ordered weekly, every Friday.
- How long does it take for my plate to come in? Please allow 4 to 8 weeks for delivery.
- How will I be notified my plate has arrived? You will receive a notification letter at the billing or mailing address you provide once the plate is delivered to the Personalized Plates Office in Little Rock.
- Can I have the plate mailed to a different address than the one on my registration? Yes, simply mark the check box on the Payment Information screen to enter a different mailing address. Your notification letter will be mailed to that address when the plate is delivered to the office in Little Rock. Your new plate will also be mailed to that address.
- How can I receive my new plate? Do I have to drive to Little Rock to pick up my plate? Can I send someone else to pick it up for me? Will the new plate be sent to my local Revenue Office? Personalized license plates are issued out of the Personalized Plates Office in Little Rock for the entire state. The plate will not be sent to your local office, but can be obtained by mail or in person; both options are outlined in the notification letter. You may have someone else pick up the plate for you, provided they have all of the requirements as outlined in the letter.
- How much does an application cost? Searching name availability is free. If you decide to request a non-specialty personalized plate, the cost is $25.00. This system is for personalized plate requests only and does not renew your vehicle registration. However, if you convert to a personalized plate, an additional $25.00 fee will be added to your annual vehicle registration. The plate you order must be registered to an Arkansas vehicle at the time of issuance.
- Is there an additional fee to obtain my personalized plate? Yes, you will be charged a minimal fee to replace your current license plate with the new personalized plate. This will be explained in the notification letter.
- How can I check the status of my order? You may contact the Personalized Plates Office at 501-682-4667 to check the status of your order.
For additional assistance, please Call 501-682-7060