Welcome to the Arkansas State Board of Nursing online renewal system. The accepted payment method is with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover credit card or E-Check.
Upon completion of the online renewal process, you will be presented a receipt screen which should be printed as proof of payment.
Each license type must be renewed separately.
Advanced Practice Nurses must have a valid RN license (in Arkansas or a compact state).
Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: You will be required to list your continuing education for the renewal cycle. Please have documents available before you begin the renewal process.
Please be aware that if you fail to answer any question correctly or provide false or misleading information on your renewal application, a delay in the processing of your renewal
You may not renew online if one or more of the criteria listed below applies to you:
- Your license has been expired for more than five years.
- Since your last renewal, you have been convicted of a crime, pled guilty or nolo contendere to any charge in any state or jurisdiction. (With the exception of DWI, traffic violations do not constitute a crime.)
- Since your last renewal, you have been addicted to or treated for the use of alcohol or any other abuse potential substances since your last renewal.
- Your primary place of residence is outside the United States and you are not in the military. (US Military personnel stationed outside the US may renew online.)
- You are renewing a LPN or RN license, and your primary state of residence is currently Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina,
North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, or any other compact state.
Primary state of residence means your home for legal purposes shown on your driver's license, voter registration, or federal income tax forms.