Subscribers accessing Arkansas Motor Vehicle
TRAFFIC VIOLATION REPORT INFORMATION
must read and sign this section of the agreement.
WHEREAS, Section 1 of Act 465 of the 1977 Acts of Arkansas provides that the Office of Driver Services, Revenue Division, Department of Finance and Administration, State of Arkansas, may furnish an abstract of a drivers record as maintained by said office, only to a person who has been authorized in writing by such driver to obtain the driverís record; and
WHEREAS, the undersigned periodically makes numerous requests for abstracts of driverís records in the course of undersignedís business; and
WHEREAS, it is extremely expensive and cumbersome for the undersigned to duplicate and file for the Office of Driver Services to receive and maintain each individual written authorization signed by such drivers in order for the undersigned to obtain an abstract of the driverís record;
NOW, THEREFORE, IN CONSIDERATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED DOES HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFY AS FOLLOWS:
(1) That the undersigned represents and warrants to the Office of Driver Services that every person , on whom a request for an abstract is made by the undersigned, shall have first given his or her consent to the release of such abstract.
(2) That the original written authorization signed by the driver on whom an abstract is requested, or a copy of thereof, shall be furnished by the undersigned to the Office of Driver Services upon request by the Office of Driver Services. This written authorization is to be kept on file with your company for a five year period.
(3) If the undersigned is found to be in violation of the foregoing, the Office of Driver Services may thereafter require the undersigned to provide individual signed releases with each abstract hereafter requested by the undersigned.
(4) The undersigned further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Office of Driver Services, Revenue Division, Department of Finance and Administration, State of Arkansas, and the Information Network of Arkansas and its Board for any liabilities and/or damages caused by virtue of the undersignedís breach of this agreement or the provision of Act 465 of the 1977 Acts of Arkansas.
One of these must apply to you before you may obtain an abstract of a driver record:
In accordance with Arkansas
Code ß 27-50-906, the Office of Driver Services may furnish an abstract of any
driver record to:
(1) The driver on whom the record has been compiled;
(2) Any person who has been authorized in writing by the driver to obtain the driverís record;
(3) Any court having jurisdiction over traffic offenses;
(4) Any law enforcement officer, who shall use the report only in the line of duty in enforcing the traffic laws of the state;
(5) Employers of drivers, provided that the driver has given his written consent for the employer to obtain the driver record;
(6) Any insurer licensed to do business in Arkansas, or its agents, employees, or contractors, in connection with the driving record of an insured or applicant;
(7) Any governmental department or agency upon a showing of reasonable cause as to why the driver record should be issued to such governmental department or agency in order for the governmental department or agency to effectively carry out its statutory duties.
(8) A drivers license status report shall be available to rental car companies who otherwise meet the requirements of this section for receiving an abstract of a driver's record upon the payment of two dollar ($2.00) for each license number checked.